Monaco 28 with modified Contemporary Facade

Monaco 28 with modified Contemporary Facade

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Expectation

Somehow I deleted this post and I know I shouldn't say this but it was one of my best.  It went along these lines:

Building is a slow and complex process.  Some people will not deal with it well, getting frustrated and angry, making it painful for themselves, their family, their builder, and sometimes me their blog audience.  They are likely to enter their home with negative feelings, which is really sad because your home is such and important place, probably the most important place in your life.  An alternative way is to expect problems and delays, from this position you can only be pleasantly surprised.  The final outcome is likely to be the same via either path - a beautiful home - but the journey can be a positive or negative one.

Now one would need to be the Buddha or Gandhi to not get frustrated from time to time, and I am realistic enough to know that I will fall onto the negative side from time to time, but I will strive to stay positive.

6 comments:

  1. Halo there,

    Yes, to stay strong and positive, I also have such feeling and argument (with myself) many times as F have not done what they have committed.

    I think we are all human-being so we have made mistakes and errors... So, I should accept mistakes and errors that F have made! In addition, our new home's life -span will be for 20 years so that if it is delayed for 2 weeks or 2 months...then such delay is not counted ....

    However, F have constantly done a job for 2 weeks while such job can be done easily for 2 days. Then, almost good builders can do another job for 2 weeks, F have done it for 2 months....All such delays, errors and mistakes have been accumulated along the journey and it has pushed people at the suffering limit.

    Then, those errors/mistakes/broken promises can not be judged by the expectation and practical customs anymore. They should be judged by legal contract and legal duty of care/business judgment

    These writing is not a voice of my opinion. I just only want to share my tough feeling with you!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - easy for me to profess when I have not experienced what you have.

      Hold them to account, and try to not let it get to you too much.

      Best of luck!

      Delete
    2. Fowler just advise me to reselect brick with Metropolis range (originally we chose Orpherus -darkest color- from Whitesunday range). Which color in Metropolis range is darkest in your opinion? We are not sure we have time to go to the display to choose color over the weekend. In the article with regards to Metropolis range, it is reported that Tapaz is rich brown and Marcasite is medium grey. So, it seems we only need to consider between Tapaz and Marcasite.

      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Just depends on your preference for brown or grey. I probably would have chosen Marcasite but we had to have Exposure rated bricks in my area which meant we could only choose Topaz or the red one. As they are not coated bricks, there is less chance of problems so this is probably a good change, provided you like the Colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help!
      As I prefer dark color, so I still wonder which one (between Topaz and Marcasite) looks darker to you?

      Delete